Car Kits for Parents on the Go
The One Car Hack Every Parent Needs
A car emergency kit means something very different once you are a parent. Sure it would be handy to have an emergency kit filled with items to help you if your car breaks down or you have a flat tire; however, a car emergency kit that would really help a parent has much different items. Because mornings can be so crazy and after school when you are shuttling your kids to all of their activities, you need a kit made just for you. For this emergency car kit, you probably already have everything you need at home. Start by grabbing a rolled makeup container and fill it up with all of the items you realize you and your kids need when you are running late but you are already in the car:
• Hair brush, hair ties, and a small spray bottle of hairspray or hair gel for those days your kids forget to fix their hair
• Waterless toothpaste and a toothbrush for the times you realize someone forgot to brush their teeth.
• Pens and a notepad if you need to write a quick note to a teacher or coach
• A few dollars and some change if you need to send in money for lunch for an activity
• Granola bars and applesauce squeeze packs for anyone that ran out of time and didn’t eat breakfast
• Wet wipes to clean up faces that still have breakfast painted across their cheeks.
• Stain sticks for the days your kids have food spilled on their clothes.
• Extra pairs of socks just in case your kids ran out the door with shoes in their hand but no socks.
When the makeup case is filled, just roll it up and place it glovebox of your car so you can quickly grab it and hand out the items as needed. Just be sure to restock the items as you use them!